Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Stuck in the middle with you…

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right….

Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.”

Gotta love Stealers Wheel.

Anyway, that is how I feel when it comes to knitting projects: always stuck in the middle. I’m really good about starting a project. Finishing one on the other hand…well, not so much. Don’t get me wrong. I do finish things. Just not very often. Here are a few bunch of things I currently have on my needles.

kate 016

This smurfalicious mess will be a hat for my husband. He gave himself a buzz cut since I didn’t feel like cutting his hair so I’m making him a wig. It’s basically a beanie hat but made with a fun fur yarn. I’ll take pictures of him wearing it once it’s finished.

kate 019

This is going to be a shawl. It’s a mohair yarn with some rainbow glittery thread mixed in. Can’t wait to see how this knits up.

kate 023

This is a baby blanket I’ve been working on for my godson. The sweet little face from this post. Keep in mind I started this blanket a few months before my friend’s baby shower. Last August. It was supposed to be a shower gift. I then said it would be a gift to him when he was born. He was born last September. Now it’s becoming a first birthday present. Hopefully. I came up with the design for this blanket myself and once it’s finished I will be happy to share the pattern.

kate 024

This is another baby blanket that I’m making for myself. I’m in no rush to finish it seeing as I have no baby in my future. Not yet anyways. I just love the colors in this yarn.

kate 027

kate 029

This is how far I’ve gotten on the babylegs I started back in April. I think they will be too big for a baby so I’m thinking maybe I should turn it into a sock? I’ve never done socks before so what better time to learn?

kate 031

And just so it doesn’t look like I NEVER finish anything…something that is actually finished! I found the pattern for this adorable doll in this book:

kate 032

I realize she is naked and I am in the middle (surprised?) of making her a dress.

1 comment:

  1. Looking at all your projects was really interesting! Love your yarn choices and that doll is adorable.

    I don't know how to knit (yet) but recently my sister and I taught ourselves how to crochet. I made a little dishcloth for my first project and am now working on a blanket. It's of the things I really should blog about if I were a more motivated blogger! hehe

    ReplyDelete