Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Custom items

I finished my first few custom items! A client of my husband had some fabric left over from some receiving blankets that were made for her grandson. She wanted a Boppy pillow cover and whatever I could make out of the other fabric.
I apologize for the quality of the pictures...I forgot to take some before I left to drop the things off and all I had with me was my point and shoot digital camera so they aren't up to my usual standards of photos that I post on here.

This was the fabric she gave me. It's a super soft flannel with cute little froggies all over it.


This is the back. It is so soft...I love it.

The other fabric is a cute jungle/safari print and I basically used every last scrap of it.


First, I made some little booties. You can't see it but the bottom is made with the blue ribbed knit fabric from the pants.

Then I made a long sleeved onesie. I was planning on a sleep sac, but there wasn't enough fabric for that.

I had this blue ribbed knit in my stash and it matched perfectly so I made a pair of pants to go with the onesie.

This is a little blurry (sorry) but you can see the print a little better. This is the hat.

And finally, with the last little scrap of that fabric I made a bib.

I have a few more things to make for her, including a couple rompers/sleepers, some shoes (that look like monkeys...can't wait to see how those turn out!) and a mobile.

I rearranged my sewing room/dungeon. So now it looks more like a sewing/craft room and less like a dungeon. Now it won't be so embarrassing to take pictures of works in progress, which I plan to do from now on.

Also, I've been asked to sew a bedskirt and a window treatment for another client of my husband's. Does that make him my sewing pimp? Hmmmm.... Anyway, I've never done anything on that scale before but I'm going to give it a try. The sewing is easy enough, it's just the large scale that has me a little apprehensive. I told her I wanted to try it on some scrap fabric (and I have plenty of that...I'll have to post pictures of my stash) first before I try it on the expensive stuff. More to come on that later.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment